The mission of the Fredericksburg Jaycees is to empower young people. We are a people-development organization that seeks to create positive change in our organization, our community and ourselves. Everything we do must encourage young people to become members and to take full advantage of our world-class fellowship, community service and leadership training opportunities.
The vision of the Fredericksburg Jaycees is to be the organization of choice for young adults to contribute to the advancement of the global community by providing the opportunity to develop the leadership skills, social responsibility, fellowship and entrepreneurship necessary to create positive change.
The Jaycees Creed
The concepts and beliefs of the Jaycees organization are embodied in the Jaycee Creed, written by C. William Brownfield:
That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life;
That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations;
That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise;
That government should be of laws rather than of men;
That earth’s great treasure lies in human personality;
And that service to humanity is the best work of life.
We are the Cure for the Common Social Life
The greatest friendships develop in our organization. Whether we meet for drinks and dinner, go tubing down the Rappahannock River, sing karaoke, or catch a movie, this is a good group of people to do it with. From picnicking to black-tie dinners there is something for everyone.
We are a Leadership Development Organization
The Fredericksburg Jaycees builds tomorrow’s leaders with the focus on self-growth for our members. The way this is accomplished is through a hands-on approach to running projects that enhance the local members’ communities.
We are a Community Service Organization
The Fredericksburg Jaycees offer many programs and ideas that support and benefit the community. The local community dictates where the area of emphasis needs to be focused (i.e. helping disadvantaged youth, food drives, building homes). Our organization provides support and training materials so that the programs can run effectively.
Traditional Fredericksburg Jaycees Events
* Mascots for Meals: a food drive supporting area food banks
* Annual Easter Egg Hunt: a family friendly event providing children the opportunity to meet the Easter Bunny
* Annual River Raft Race: a fun event that has become a staple with Heritage Day Festivities
* Jaycees Annual Haunted House: provides the only Haunted House in Fredericksburg
* Fredericksburg Christmas Parade: a free parade that provides Fredericksburg with a Holiday tradition
* Christmas Shopping Tour: a day of shopping with under-privileged children and the opportunity to meet Santa
* Camp Virginia Jaycees: a summer camp experience for special needs children in a safe environment